Sunday, July 22, 2012

New boy Hazard wants to become Chelsea's answer to Messi

Eden Hazard is relishing the challenge at Chelsea - and hopes he can become the European Champions' answer to Lionel Messi.
Hazard completed his £32million move from Lille earlier this summer and has already set lofty targets at Stamford Bridge. 
Hazard told The Sun: 'Messi is the world’s best player and it's a bit of an exaggeration to say I can be that good.
Hazard warning: The new boy at Chelsea has set some big targets
Hazard warning: The new boy at Chelsea has set some big targets

 
'But I am happy if people see similarities between us and being compared to Messi makes me think about what I can achieve with Chelsea rather than the obstacles I need to overcome to get there.
'Ultimately it's the coach who will decide if I play in a similar role to the one Messi plays for Barca but I am looking to succeed the Eden Hazard way.'
Chelsea begin the defence of their European crown in September and Hazard has revealed the lure of joining the Champions League winners was decisive in his move to west London.
Blue is the color: Hazard has been in action in America with Chelsea
Blue is the color: Hazard has been in action in America with Chelsea
He said: 'Chelsea had the most convincing argument for me to join and obviously being the Champions League winners was a big factor in my choice.
'Chelsea is a fantastic club with fantastic players and they can give me the best possible chance to progress as a player.
'It's a slightly less important reason but London is also a bit closer to Belgium than Manchester and I can get home a little easier from here.'

No comments: