Tuesday, August 21, 2012

United wrap up Henriquez signing after Chilean striker granted work permit

Manchester United have confirmed Chilean teenager Angelo Henriquez has been granted a work permit which will enable him to complete his move to the Red Devils.
The 18-year-old Universidad de Chile striker underwent a medical last week and has now been given the green light to join the Barclays Premier League outfit.
A United statement read: 'Manchester United is pleased to announce that Angelo Henriquez, 18, has been granted a governing body endorsement which will allow him to register and play for the club.

New arrival: Henriquez (right) says he's fulfilling a dream after completing his move to Manchester United
New arrival: Henriquez (right) says he's fulfilling a dream after completing his move to Manchester United
 
'He will play his final game for Universidad de Chile tomorrow and a further announcement on him joining United will be made in due course.'
Speaking last week to Chile paper La Tercera, Henriquez touched on his bewilderment at the speed of the deal.
'I am super happy to get to Manchester United. I'm fulfilling a dream,' he said. 'I am going where I wanted.

'You look on television and see the outstanding players, scoring spectacular goals. I cannot waste this opportunity.
'It is not clear what will happen with my future. 'I want to play in the first team of Manchester United. That's my first thought.
'If they decide to send me on loan, I would prefer to continue at Universidad, although I will do whatever United deem appropriate.'

No comments: